Meaning- 1) able to make decisions quickly and confidently.
2) having the power to determine an outcome.
Mnemonic trick- The word decisive sounds similar to decision. Decisive person has ability to make decisions quickly and confidently. Therefore, decisive means ability to make decisions quickly and confidently or having the power to determine an outcome.
Synonym- DETERMINED, SINGLE-MINDED, UNMISTAKABLE
• Carol’ s argument was the decisive one in determining when her family would go on their vacation.
• RBI governor was known for his decisive manners.
• Caste factor will have a decisive influence in upcoming assembly elections.
• Toppers will cast decisive votes in student union elections.
For complete coaching on GRE. Just visit:
Download android application on GRE vocabulary just by clicking on the click:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Linkedin: