Meaning- 1) Clear to the mind or easily understood.
2) A person thinking clearly or a reference to an interval of sanity in a mental disorder.
4) In poetry, bright, shinning
Mnemonic trick- The Word Lucid contains word ‘cid’. CID personnel thinks clearly and they make things clear and transparent to the user. Therefore, lucid means clear to the mind or (of a person) thinking clearly.
Synonym- LIMPID, PERSPICUOUS, PELLUCID
• You must write in a clear and lucid style.
• He is able to recognize his wife in his lucid moments.
• He wrote several other works of the same nature which exhibit scholarly research and lucid arrangement.
• The wonders of the temple were made more lucid by a guided tour of the little museum.
• The poet was reading lucid prose.
For complete coaching on GRE. Just visit:
Download android application on GRE vocabulary just by clicking on the click:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Linkedin: