I’ve collected 100 common phrases in English that I hear all the time in America.
Check your level of English -https://goo.gl/JGA5cW
Comment below with your current level!
1. Stay out of trouble. = don’t do anything bad
2. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.
3. You’re pushing your luck. = taking too many risks
4. You have your head in the clouds. = not being realistic
5. Let me know… = please tell me
6. Get back to me. = respond to me
7. Get over yourself. = stop being so conceited
8. Get real. = be realistic
9. Let’s get down to business.
10. It was like pulling teeth.
11. Good to know.
12. Who knows?
13. Who cares? = no one cares
14. Who do you think you are?
15. Who asked you?
16. I’d like to pick your brain.
17. Keep me posted. = update me when things change
18. I don’t know off the top of my head. = I need to check
19. I spoke too soon.
20. Keep them on their toes. =
21. I’m sorry for the mix up.
22. Wait, don’t tell me.
23. I’d be happy to help.
24. You get what you pay for. = cheap price = bad quality product
25. Right this way. = come with me, guiding
26. I can’t keep up. = too much work, falling behind
27. Put yourself in my shoes. = imagine it from my point of view
28. I have too much time on my hands. = too much free time
29. I have a lot on my plate. = a lot of work
30. Give me a break. = stop being so rigid, make an exception for me, or you can’t be serious
32. Stop being so hard on yourself. = stop judging yourself so harshly
33. How’s work going? = like how’s it going but for work
34. Have you heard the good news?
35. Push back the appointment. = postpone
36. I don’t want to hear it. = don’t want to hear excuses
37. I’m losing it. = I’m going crazy
38. I’ve lost my touch. = I’m not as good at this as I was before
39. I haven’t kept in touch with them.
40. Stay in touch. = keep talking to me
41. You look like a deer in headlights. = frozen with fear
43. Can I take a message? = phone message
44. They’re out of the office right now. = not here
45. They’re not available at the moment. = busy
46. Don’t push me.
47. Don’t be so quick to judgment.
48. I have a bad/good feeling about this.
49. I can’t imagine.
50. A little birdie told me.
51. Make time for (something).
52. Let me see if I can move some things around.
53. Look out!
54. Think fast!
55. Loosen up.
56. Put (something) on hold
57. You can’t be serious.
60. Go ahead
61. It’s no big deal.
62. Will do.
63. Don’t put me on the spot.
64. Watch where you’re going.
65. What can I do for you?
66. What are you gonna do?
67. It’s out of my hands.
68. Hands off!
69. Hang tight.
70. Hurry up!
71. Keep my head above water.
72. Get out of your comfort zone.
73. I can’t get that song out of my head.
74. I can’t put a face to the name.
75. I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.
76. You’re playing both sides.
77. We need to talk.
78. You’re killing the mood.
79. You went too far. = said or did something that was in really bad taste – You crossed the line. – same
80. I’m flattered. = you said something nice to me and I feel good about it
81. I’m feeling under the weather.
82. You win some, you lose some.
83. Please have a seat.
84. Living beyond your means.
85. Please excuse us.
86. You’re all over the place.
87. I have no idea.
88. I think there must be some kind of mistake.
89. Don’t play dumb with me.
90. I have faith in you.
91. Get your head in the game. about the task at hand (from sports but applies to anything)
92. Living the dream. = doing exactly what you want and loving it, often used sarcastically when you’re not happy with what you’re doing
93. You pulled a fast one on me. = you tricked me
94. I want nothing to do with it. = I don’t want to be involved
95. I’m washing my hands of this whole situation. I’m removing myself from being involved
96. It’s up to you. = it’s your decision
97. He wouldn’t hurt a fly. = this person is harmless
98. We’re short on time. = limited time to do something
99. I think I’ll pass. = polite way to say no
100. So glad you could make it.
Get a free consultation on how to learn English abroad – https://goo.gl/yJiK1j
⭐ INSTAGRAM – linguamarina
⭐ LEARN LANGUAGES ABROAD – https://linguatrip.com
? Get your English text corrected instantly – https://fluent.express/
? FILMING EQUIPMENT
– Canon G7X – http://amzn.to/2l2aSfE
– Sony A7R II (also perfect for instagram) – http://amzn.to/2DrCNTU
– Sony 50 mm lens – http://amzn.to/2G2r4c4
– Zoom H4n Pro (better than any built-in camera sound) – http://amzn.to/2DVJzyr
– Rode video mic (when I have to use my camera to record the sound) – http://amzn.to/2BhkCKW
$20 TO SPEND ON AIRBNB – http://bit.ly/2g0F87Q
$20 TO SPEND ON UBER – http://ubr.to/2k1B89L
$25 TO RENT A CAR – https://turo.com/c/dmitryp30