What does Relinquish mean? Learn the meaning of Relinquish as we define this advanced vocabulary word with a simple definition, pictures, example sentences, English pronunciation and audio.
Relinquish definition (verb) to give up, abandon
Relinquish pronunciation: ri-ling-kwish
Examples of Relinquish in a sentence:
1. If you relinquish your right to an attorney, it could lead to some serious difficulty when you go before the judge.
2. Some states require you to relinquish your driver’s license for a year after you have been convicted of drunk driving.
3. While your natural instinct may tell you to resist, you will be safer if you just relinquish your valuables to a mugger.
4. The antics of the tiny Chihuahua forced the English bulldog to relinquish the bone.
5. No matter how many setbacks you have to face, don’t relinquish your dream of getting into veterinary school.
Relinquish synonyms and other related words for Relinquish
abandon, surrender, give up, quit, renounce, yield, resign, cede, leave, waive, forsake, abdicate, forgo, let go, desert, drop, release, repudiate, vacate, hand over, give, give over, deliver, discard, discontinue, free, withdraw, cease, stop, retire
Dictionary Definition & Sentences Page
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER + VISIT OUR VOCABULARY RESOURCE LEARNING WEBSITES (Bookmark ’em!) ?
► http://VocabularyVideos.com – a memorable name that’ll redirect you to our word of the day vocabulary videos.
► https://WordsinaSentence.com – our sentence dictionary Website, where we define words with sentences
► https://Twitter.com/vocabularyhelp – Twitter account for my vocabularic tweets